9/19/2011

Heavenly Fashion Issue #1

In a series of articles, your humble correspondent chronicles the build-out of her wardrobe with economy in mind, from many of the wonderful vendors at the Heavenly Mall. It's easy and not too expensive, and you can do it too. Yours won't be like mine, but Heavenly has a little something for everyone! Come browse! You can't be disappointed!

I begin with a wardrobe essential from Bodies By Oh!, the “Denim Star Skirt” in Light Blue, but should you want to start from scratch you could hardly do better than Bodies By Oh!, “Faded Jeans in Light Blue” at L$50, available in the shop at the mall.

Our first stop is for footwear--the most expensive item--so let’s have something stylish from which we'll build endlessly. Shoenique is the very place to find such a fashion basic! They sport lots of lovely styles but to go with my denim theme, I selected “*SD* Carmi Denim” for L$399. The boots have both a fresh-dye blue denim and a faded or stone-washed denim color scheme in a diamond lace pattern. They're expensive, but a wardrobe builder and match almost all casual wear. In the end they’re worth every Linden I spent.



Wandering outside, I come across the Mimmi's Boutique kiosk and found the "Halter Shirt with Skirt and Scarf" for L$10. The top in yellow will pair nicely in direct contrast with the blue in my skirt, and it's not so expensive. What a find!

We have one outfit and a new skirt from which to build another, and I'm happy with my first look. Let's look around. There are outlets for Inèdit attire and shoes by Jaqueline's in the Chez Gabrielle mainstore, Shoenique, Adored, Mimmi's Boutique, Dark Goddess Designs, Mew Catz, Babele Fashion, cosmo chic, and Bodies by Oh! I finally wound up at Bad Karma Designs seeking a blend color rather than a contrast and find it in “Playful Partygirl” in Green for L$149. Using the top and hoody with my jeans skirt I look fashionable but muted; an outfit for a casual afternoon picnic and kissing the boyfriend over your shoulder while you recline against him.



We have spent a few Linden, but we've bought wisely. Boots that will go with any denim attire are a best-buy in my opinion but there are many choices at Shoenique should you want for something different. I have two great outfits and also, a skirt and designer jeans upon which to build additional outfits! For less than $600 Lindens, I have four outfits and builders for plenty more. That's hard to beat...but stop in and look for yourself. Dress up or dress down, you can't loose!

No comments:

Post a Comment